Detail to the Mansfield Foundation
- Fellows from the executive branch participate in the program as detailees to the Mansfield Foundation. During the one-year program, executive branch Fellows’ home agencies are required to continue paying Fellows’ salaries and benefits and must guarantee Fellows will have a position upon their return.
- Fellows from the legislative and judicial branches participate as non-detailees.
- Prior to submitting an application, prospective Fellows must have the approval of their home agency.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be federal government employees with at least two consecutive years of service by and immediately preceding July 1, 2020 in order to apply for the 25th class of Mansfield Fellows.
Applicants are encouraged to attend or call into a Fellowship information session at the Mansfield Foundation’s Washington, D.C., offices, July through September 2019.